A new plugin called "trigger" has been added.
This plugin can hook many things:
When the callback is called, trigger can:
- check some conditions (to execute the trigger or not), which are evaluated (see
- replace some text using regular expression(s)
- execute command(s)
- have a custom return code.
Example of things you can do with trigger:
- notification, for example beep on highlight/private message (it can replace script beep.pl or other scripts)
- hide passwords in commands/messages (it will replace rmodifier plugin)
- change content of messages displayed
- change things displayed (nicklist, ...) when terminal becomes small
- regularly save config files (with a timer)
Help is available with
Some examples of triggers can be found on GitHub WeeChat wiki.